★ 广告位 -------------- 空缺中
☆ 天津 神秘博物馆 实体店
☆ 御车族-福州兵人模型店皇冠金牌店
查看: 5842|回复: 11

[参考] HDHSVI作品:1/6 魔鬼旅/The FSSF "The Devil's Brigade"

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-1-21 15:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BBICN 上海旗舰淘宝店
This is a commissioned work for my friend Ed who is a fellow member of the South Florida GIJoe Club. Mostly this was done as a tribute to a friend of his Cy Mermelstein who actually served in the FSSF during WWII.
1.jpg

Cy Mermelstein and Al Hernandez a fellow member of The South Florida GIJoe Club
The instructions I was given was to “weather” these guys up for display….
Well I took this to mean I’ve got to make these figures presentable. I was given the two box sets from Dragon “Nick” and “Pete”. The Pete figure really is not all that bad, and as one of Dragons’ road to victory figures he comes with all cloth equipment and a nice rendition of the famous V42 knife. Nick on the other hand was an early release and came with all plastic and elastic accoutrements, this I would need to deal with.
The heads are from the box sets, Nick and Pete. I didn’t look at the numbers but if you’re interested I’m sure a little time looking at the Dragon figures database and you’ll find them easy enough. The “Nick” head is one of Dragons early releases and is terribly generic. The Pete head – after stripping the paint I was worried that the sculpt had nothing to give it any character – a really plain sculpt. After painting it though this little head I felt looked really good! I stripped and repainted the heads with oils. The eyes were done with acrylics, and some shading with pastels.
The bodies are Dragon Neos which have been modified significantly. They have been slimmed down and the joints opened up for more articulation.
The boots are from Newline Miniatures. They were weathered with acrylics and pastels.
The equipment is all Dragon there may be some DID mixed in especially on Nick because all of his stuff came from the parts bin. The web belts are from Battlegear toys and they are really nice, expensive but nice! Everything was modified and weathered.
Nick’s V42 – well if you need to find one good luck! Not an easy thing to find! Nick comes with the M3 set up to go around his leg at the calf and boot area, a complete no go. That was replaced with the scabbard from one of Dragons Airborne guys.
The knife – It is a 21st Century Sykes fighting knife from one of their British airborne guys. The knife was modified, repainted, and weathered. I’d be willing to bet no one would place it until I spilled the beans….
The weapons – Pete’s “Jonny gun” was repainted, weathered and given a new sling from New Line Miniatures. Nick’s folding Carbine was also repainted, weathered and the elastic sling was replaced. I added the metal tips and the lift dot. The weapons were repainted using a modified version of 10thMountaintrooper’s method.
The uniforms are stock out of the box. I removed the insignia off Pete’s M41 jacket. I used denatured alcohol and you have to be careful because the ink will run but with care they come right off. The buttons on Pete’s M41 are functional.
Pete’s FSSF unit insignia is from The Patch Hut. (thanks Miguel for the pointer!) Very nicely done, once cut out, prepped and mounted looks really great! His rank insignia is from CVI. The lift dots on both figs are from Red Planet toys.
The base was made with celluclay and Woodland Scenic’s grasses. The wall is made out of styrofoam covered with stucco patch. I then used a sponge to make the final texture. I painted the wall and weathered it with acrylics and pastels.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg

上一篇:手机渣拍东线二人组
下一篇:威龙双胞胎“老爹”求教
发表于 2017-1-21 15:38 | 显示全部楼层
好作品
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-1-21 16:04 | 显示全部楼层
特战旅!帅气~!正好接下来想做这个题材,很好的做个参考
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-1-21 17:13 | 显示全部楼层
赞一个
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-1-21 18:16 | 显示全部楼层
美加联合特种部队
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-1-21 18:25 | 显示全部楼层
什么东东?
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-1-21 19:46 | 显示全部楼层
Jason-chen 发表于 2017-1-21 16:04
特战旅!帅气~!正好接下来想做这个题材,很好的做个参考

前阶段看到你在交易区收了一个,哈哈
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-1-21 21:44 | 显示全部楼层
不错哦
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-2-8 20:41 | 显示全部楼层
美加联合突击队。一直很想要威龙的这俩
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-2-8 22:00 | 显示全部楼层

美加联合特种作战旅
我要说一句 收起回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|bbs.bbicn.com ( 粤ICP备20066041号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 05:02 , Processed in 0.238932 second(s), 29 queries .