☆ 御车族-福州兵人模型店皇冠金牌店
查看: 2879|回复: 14

【参考】头雕是这样炼成的

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-3-28 03:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BBICN 上海旗舰淘宝店
作者:TONY

Creating a Historical Head :~

Here’s a sequence showing how I go from the original idea , in this case an original photo from the ACW, through to the finished head.

This man was an Irish volunteer , part of the famous Irish Brigade, in about 1863. The original pic says his name was Bartholomew O’Callaghan, one of the literally millions of Irish immigrants into the States before the Civil War.

I would have to admit that my head is “ Inspired by “ rather a precise portrait, but that’s much easier to do.
To create an exact likeness of anyone is a difficult challenge, and frankly I don’t often have the patience for it. When dealing with historical figures for which I have only one reference image, it’s more or less impossible anyway , so I content myself with creating an impression.

One factor of importance in creating a convincing historical figure is to understand period hairstyles : these have changed a lot , and the sort of appearance thought fashionable and really sharp at one time might seem ridiculous nowadays . Older readers might recall their own teenage hairstyles with some embarassment.
We should avoid falling into the trap so often apparent in films , in showing modern stars with styles which chime with modern audience expectations rather than the styles of the time in which the film is set.

I sculpt all my heads from Fimo , mounted on a tile to support the clay, and using very simple tools.

Here’s a sequence showing the modelling taking shape.

Once I’m happy with the shape and expression , I polish with various brushes sparingly wetted with Sculpey diluent, then apply texture again using cut-down brushes and pins .
This stage takes a long time , and it’s incredibly important to look carefullyat the symmetry and make corrections ; leave ; then repeat. Many, many times.
Once I can’t bear this process any more I fire it at 125Cin a little electric oven for about 10 minutes.
Carve down and build the back, fire, then hollow the neck.

上一篇:[娱乐]重塑眼神,我只是试验下
下一篇:【peakman】HT素体短脖子问题已经解决!!
 楼主| 发表于 2010-3-28 03:54 | 显示全部楼层
After scrubbing with detergent , painting is next : acrylics, thinned dwon to mere tints in W&N Acrylic matt Medium.

I’ve created a pale Irish freckled complexion here, to match the hair.
Since the head is already self-coloured , apart from the eyes , the only paints used are Liquitex taupe, raw siena and Vallejo Transparent red.

The hair is added from mohair, glued carefully in little swatches using contact glue. The beard is from a soft toy , which I chose because it has a coarser texture than the mohair.

The head hair is soaked in warm water, then dressed with hair gel to keep it in the style shown.
Returning to the historical bit : this kind of hair and beard style was very popular in the 1850s and 60s.

The “ Spartan “ beard with the shaved moustache , and the hair parting low over the left ear seems utterly weird nowadays, redolent of some kind of mad hillbilly .
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 03:57 | 显示全部楼层
tony做的头样子基本上都差不多...
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 04:45 | 显示全部楼层
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 07:01 | 显示全部楼层
精细
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 07:24 | 显示全部楼层
图片看见了,但是文字就。。。。。。
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 07:34 | 显示全部楼层
弱弱的问一句,我怎么没看到图,复制图像地址到地址栏也显示不出来,但我真的很想看看......
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 10:10 | 显示全部楼层
[18] l厉害
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 10:13 | 显示全部楼层
很工艺啊 我也想学 不知哪里有教程和所需的材料
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-3-28 12:08 | 显示全部楼层
好手艺啊
我要说一句 收起回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|bbs.bbicn.com ( 粤ICP备20066041号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 17:21 , Processed in 0.151665 second(s), 26 queries .